Tuamgraney National School is one of two schools in the parish of Bodyke in East Clare.
The school was founded in 1895 and until relatively recent times presented as a typical rural two-room school house. Over the last ten years the pupil population has more than doubled and a number of phases of development have been carried out to deal with the influx of new pupils.The most recent development, the addition of a two-storey extension incorporating two classrooms, learning-support room and storage space, was officially opened in October 2008.
Tuamgraney NS is under the patronage of the Catholic Bishop of Killaloe. The school’s mission statement professes a dedication to maximising the abilities of all pupils and a commitment to cater for their spiritual, intellectual, aesthetic, cultural and physical needs. Pupils of all faiths and cultural backgrounds are welcome at the school.